The New York State Canal System is planning on opening to recreational boaters for the 2015 season on May 8.
According to a press release, barring any unforeseen set back, the entire canal system will be open and 100-percent accessible during operating hours.
The hours of operation for the 2015 season are as follows:
- May 8 to June 3: 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- June 4 to September 9: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- September 10 to November 18: 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
In addition to the schedule listed above, the following locks and lift bridges will operate on demand from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm from June 4 to September 9:
- Lock C-1, Halfmoon
- Lock E-7, Niskayuna
- Lock E-23, Brewerton
- Lock O-1, Phoenix
- Lock E-24, Baldwinsville
- Main Street Lift Bridge, Fairport
- Lock E-32, Pittsford
- Lock E-33, Henrietta
- Spencerport Lift Bridge
- Adams Basin Lift Bridge
- Park Avenue Lift Bridge, Brockport
- Main Street Lift Bridge, Brockport
- Exchange Street Lift Bridge, Lockport
- Lock E-34/35, Lockport
- Lock CS-1, Cayuga
- Lock CS-2/3, Seneca Falls
- Lock CS-4, Waterloo
In addition to the structures listed above, the following lift bridges will operate on demand from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm and will also offer scheduled lifts at the times noted below from June 4 to September 19 as follows:
- Medina Lift Bridge – 6:30 pm, 9:30 pm
- Middleport Lift Bridge – 7:10 pm, 8:50 pm
- Gasport Lift Bridge – 7:50 pm, 8:10 pm
For updates and information, please call 1-800-4CANAL4 or visit www.canals.ny.gov.